Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Works for me Wednesday - Brand Loyalty


Shannon is hosting a special-edition Works for me Wednesday today all about brand loyalty. Now, I must admit, there are very few products that I care about which brand I buy. Generally I go for what's on sale, what's cheapest. Like most one-income family, pennies count. I buy lots of generic products and have noticed a difference in only a few types of products. But there are a few products that I willingly splurge on just because I've found it really makes a difference or because they make me happy for whatever reason. In the interest of opening my life up like a book you can't wait to put down, here they are:

Crystal Light Lemonade - Oh, there's nothing like lemonade when you are hot. But real lemonade takes forever to make, frozen just leaves something to be desired, IMHO, and then there's all that sugar. But with Crystal Light, it's easy and only 5 calories a serving. It's also a great way to up your water intake. I go through this like, well, water.

Downy Fabric Softener - I grew up in a house that used dryer sheets. Never thought a thing about it. Then one day, on a whim, I thought I'd try Downy just to see if there was a difference. Oh my goodness, was there a difference! I swear with every item of laundry I folded for the next month I would swoon at the fresh scent. I'd rub everything up against my cheek. Towels became more fluffy. Life just became sweeter. Funny how sad my life must be to be so impacted by fabric softener, but it is what it is. Just consider that I had two children under 4 at the time! Little things count!

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers - These things work miracles, people. Miracles. You can get just about anything clean with them. Resin lawn furniture, step stools that have had years of dirt ground into them, sharpies on laminate countertops, red wine on laminate countertops, smudges on walls, you name it. I use them all the time. I even bought my mother-in-law a few packs to send home with her since they don't have them there. She loved them too and she's a total cleaning freak.

So that's really the big three that I can think of. Like I said, I'm usually searching out the best deal. I won't sacrifice quality for a little savings, but I do feel that these products are worth the money.

Be sure to check out other ideas at Rocks In My Dryer. Maybe you can find a new wonder product for your home!

3 comments:

tammi said...

Huh, I was a dryer sheet kinda gal too, until I read this.... I'm almost out, so I'm putting Downy on my shopping list for next week!!

Tracy said...

I love downy as well it's smell can't be beat and your clothes smell like it for weeks. Your recipes look awesome I'm going to give em a try.

Doris said...

Downy girl here too. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail