Friday, October 19, 2007

Humbled

Wow.

As I mentioned yesterday, I've been feeling lately as though I've been in this pit of self-doubt. I haven't felt very productive here on the blog, or in real life for that matter.

So imagine my surprise when
Java Mama presented me with an award. And not just any award. An award that recognizes bloggers who are acting in the role of a disciple of Christ. The Mathetes Award originated over at management by God and was designed to acknowledge those that have a heart to share God's Word, and further His Kingdom. The role of a disciple of Christ is to carry His message to the ends of the earth.

I certainly have a heart to carry Christ's message to the world, but sometimes I feel as though I'm a miserable failure at it. I stumble more than I soar. I feel sometimes as though I spend more times in the valleys than in the mountaintops.

But, truthfully I think that's ok with God.

I mean, this is the same God who called David "a man after my own heart (Acts 13:22) ." You know David, right? David, the adulterer and murderer? And yet, God chose him to sit on the throne and to place in the line of Christ. And while we are talking about the line of Christ, let's not forget Rahab, the harlot. She was blessed enough to also be in Christ's bloodline and yet she was hardly the model citizen. And then there's Peter, who denied Christ in His hour of greatest need and yet Christ restored him and used him greatly.

So, yes, I fail, and often, in my life. I fail as a wife, as a mother, as a daughter and sister and friend. I fail as a child of God. But just as I love my children when they fail, God loves me regardless of my failings. Scratch that. His love for me is so much more than my love for my children - it's incomprehensible.

And so, beloved, is His love for you.

Now it is my honor to pass this award along to five others who I feel are examples of what a disciple should look like. I know that probably not all of them participate in "awards" and that's ok. I just wanted to thank them for their influences on me and let you know about them.

  • Mylinda - a dear friend who is wise beyond her years and a wonderful example of a godly woman
  • Heather - an amazing woman of God who, even in her darkest hours, still glorifies God
  • On Fire for Jesus - a true servant of God who pours out her life to those around her
  • Jana - a true encourager and teacher of godly principles for women
  • Lyndsey - whose efforts to live a godly life come through so clearly in her blog

Thank you to all of these ladies, who have helped in some way or another to disciple me.

4 comments:

This Journey of Mine said...

Wow! Thank you. You have blessed me indeed! This is what I woke up to this morning and you have made me smile!

Anonymous said...

Lori, your award is so well deserved. I can't think of anyone I know that carries Christ's message as faithfully as you do. You are truly and inspiration. God has given you this gift and I see you using it to His glory.

Vicki said...

You know, I think we learn and grow more in the valleys anyway. Congrats and blessings on your award. May Christ continue to be honored in all we say and do.

Mylinda said...

Wow! Here I was going to congratulate you and you're blessing me! Thanks so much for the award. I don't even know what to say. I'm very humbled. (And that doesn't happen very often! JK) Thank you. You're a great big blessing to me as well. You challenge me to strive higher. :-)
Love ya!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail