Friday, October 5, 2007

I Promise I'll Be Back!!

Sorry I haven't posted sooner. You know how it is, busy, busy, busy.

I spend most of last night at our friendly local urgent care center (although this time the doctor was so much better!!). Why, you ask? Well, let me tell you.

At park group on Tuesday, something bit/stung my arm. I didn't think much of it, but between Tuesday afternoon and yesterday morning, the small bite mark turned into a red, warm to the touch, quarter-sized lump. A-ha!

Been there, done that! The same thing happened to me 4 years ago. I waited until I had red streaks beginning to run up my arm before finally going to the doctor, where I was told if I had waited another day I would have needed to be hospitalized. So I decided to get myself up to the doctor before that happened.

Apparently, those little bugs can have bacteria on their stingers, which gets deposited under your skin and becomes cellulitis. So now I am super-strong (because the bacteria could be antibiotic-resistant) double-strength antibiotics.


I promise, I haven't forgotten about our study through The Overload Syndrome. I can't wait to share with you what else I've learned, but it is going to have to wait until I've got a little more time. I'm overloaded. Ha! Irony, shm-irony!

1 comments:

tammi said...

Looking forward to it. Take care of that arm!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail