Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday!



Ok, so I'm a ditz. I start something and then forget all about it. One thing that I am notorious for in this house is allowing all the water to boil out of a pan, thereby ruining said pan. I get started doing other things and clean forget about my pan on the stove. It happens all the time; boiling eggs, steaming vegetables, boiling water alone - you name it, I've ruined a pan doing it.

But now I've found a way to prevent this. Just toss a few clean marbles in the water (I only do this if the food doesn't actually come in contact with the marble (eggs - shelled, steaming veggies - the food sits above the water, etc.).
Once your water gets too low, the marbles will start to rattle in the pan, alerting you before the pan runs completely out of water and turns into a black, charred mess.
And that works for me!! For more great ideas, visit Rocks in My Dryer and check out more Works for Me Wednesday posts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tip!

I just wanted to thank you for leaving a comment on my latest post. I'm so encouraged by it, and I really appreciate you!

Marcia Francois said...

Lori, that is a great idea! I also get sidetracked so now I move around with a portable timer so I don't ruin any more pots and FOOD!

Organising Queen and
Marcia's take charge blog

Ice Cream said...

What a cool idea. You should send that in to Cook's Country magazine to get a free year subscription.

Katie said...

What a great idea! I've started using my kitchen timer for things like this. I especially use it when I water something in the backyard. Too many times I've watered something for hours before remembering.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail