Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Some Encouragement For Homemakers

Since working, I've been finding myself less and less devoted to making my home a haven for my family.  

However, we are now in the middle of looking for a new house and it's stirred ideas of all that I could do in our future home.  Somehow our house here has never really felt like "home."  Maybe it's because it's too big, maybe it's because we haven't ever painted, I don't know.  But now that we are looking at other places, generally smaller places, I'm feeling a little more...domestic.

So I've been going through some of my favorite homemaking sites.  There's such a great wealth of information on the Internet.  I hope you can find some things that not only encourage you, but also give you practical ideas on making your home a better place for you and your family.

The Hip Homemaker - loads of great ideas and articles on tons of topics

Creative Homemaking - lots of tips on decorating, cooking and more

Old Fashioned Homemaking - very encouraging articles for today's homemakers

Homemaking 911 - recipes, articles, tips and more

Ladies Against Feminism - for the Christian woman, a great site

Proverbs 31 Homemaking - all kinds of helpful things for the Christian homemaker

Heart4Home - creative, fun and practical ideas

As we enter a new season, let's make a commitment together to put more effort into caring for our homes and families!

3 comments:

Nancy M. said...

I'm trying more here lately. Thanks for the links! Can't wait to see where you guys move to!

Stacey said...

i love that you are on vacation so we can hear from you!!

Mrs. American Wife said...

hey, lori! take a look at flylady.net as well. it is a pretty awesome website if you are looking for an easy to follow daily homekeeping routine.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail