Thursday, December 27, 2007

Thankful Thursday


First of all, a big thanks to Lynn at Spiritually Unequal Marriage for keeping Thankful Thursday going on behalf of Iris. You've done a great job, Lynn!!

So here we find ourselves at the end of yet another year. It's hard for me to believe that another year has come and gone. In a few months, I'll be turning 40. 40!!! Umm, I believe that it was only yesterday I was in high school. Where does the time go?

But 2007 was a wonderful year for us. I have so much to be thankful for. Here are some of the highlights:

  • I can't say enough how thankful I am for all the wonderful blogs out there. I have learned so much from you wonderful women who open your heart and your lives to the world and allow us to glean from your wisdom. I am always amazed at how much I have to learn. And it's not always from the older women! Some of you 20-somethings have got your game on, let me tell you!! Thank you to all who encourage women to be godly wives and mothers in this world.
  • Conversely, I'm so grateful that God led me to begin my own blog. It has been a true godsend to me. I have a place to sort through my feelings, to have a little fun and creativity (limited though that may be - LOL!!), and to share my thoughts with the world.
  • I'm thankful for those of you who take the time to comment and engage with me in my journey. Thank you for your encouragement and advice and support. This wouldn't be any fun without you!

Now on to non-blogging stuff:

  • I'm thankful that God has made his way clear to us. Our upcoming move to Doha, Qatar is just so clearly of God to us - we have no doubts or second thoughts. For years Hubby has mentioned off-handedly moving to the Middle East and I flat-out rejected the idea every time. But God has put such peace in my heart and I can honestly say that I am totally excited about this new adventure in our lives.
  • I'm thankful our church is on the road to healing. After some very rough years in which one blow after another struck our church, we are finally settling down. Our new pastor is wonderful (though I loved our previous pastor), the Word is being preached with power, our attendance is rebuilding, people are feeling calm and loving instead of angry and fractious. At one point, I was truly concerned that the church might never recover, but God, in His mercy and wisdom, wasn't done with us yet!
  • I'm thankful for our wonderful visit with my family earlier this month. We had a great time with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.
  • I'm thankful for our homeschool support group. It is a wonderful group of godly families who are like-minded and who have been such a help and support to me over the past two years.
  • I'm thankful for all the blessings we have here in America. As we prepare to move to another, very different, culture, I never forget what we are leaving. Having lived overseas before, I know that it won't always be easy. In fact, it will probably prove to be very frustrating much of the time. There won't be all the "stuff" I'm used to. The etiquette there is very different than here and I will get offended. The freedom we have here in America just won't be there. And yet...
  • I'm so very grateful for the opportunity we have to allow our children to experience another part of the world. To give them a different perspective. To show them places that most people only dream about going (have I mentioned our plan to allow each person to pick one "dream vacation" during our time there? So far we have requests in for Italy and for Greece). To give them the opportunity to learn a new language.
  • I'm thankful, most of all, for my wonderful Savior, for God my Father, and for the Holy Spirit. Without their VERY REAL presence and work in my life, it would all be meaningless.

And so there we have it. There is much more to be thankful for, but these are the biggies that jump to mind.

And what about you? What are you thankful for? Don't miss this opportunity as we prepare to enter a new year to reflect back on what God has done for you this year.


11 comments:

ellen b. said...

Those are all great things to be thankful for and moving so far away it will be helpful being established in bloggy world! Blessings....

Love Bears All Things said...

I'm thankful you are able to discern God's plan for you in this new move.
God Bless!
Mama Bear

Nise' said...

What a wonderful testimony of God's faithfulness in your lives. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful testimony. I pray that the move will go smoothly!

Anonymous said...

These are great things to be thankful for. God will always have a way to present us with His plans in our lives. Have a blessed New Year!

Ann said...

I'm so glad for the blogosphere too--it will make your move to another hemisphere not seem so far away!

southmsmomof4 said...

So much to be thankful for. Being led of God always brings peace when we follow. Be blessed in the year to come and may the Lord let this move be a peaceful one.
Stacy

Speaking from the Heart said...

Thank you for witnessing to others who do not know the LORD. Your testimony and blogging will reach thousands.

http://dailyreminders4me.blogspot.com/2007/12/thankful-thursday_28.html

Unknown said...

Lori,

this is a delightful post. I too and so thankful for the women in our blogging communit. They are a rich blessing in my life.

Wow, I am still amazed about your move and more awesome is that God has given you peace over this. Neat.

I pray God showers you with many miracles in 2008. Love and hugs, Lynn

Susanne said...

Beautiful list, thanks for sharing. I, too am thankful for the blessings of my blogging community. Thanks for being a part of that. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written and filled with great reminders for all of us about our many blessings!

You are invited to participate in my brand new weekly blog carnival, The Seventh Day. Details are here: http://www.hopefulspirit.com/2007/12/26/seventh-day/

Basically, you submit your best post from the prior week, i.e., the one that you would like to spotlight. I will provide the link to it and, hopefully, you will gain some new and additional readers! Simple! It’s just my way of engaging in some community good will and helping all of us expand our audiences. Posts on any topic are welcome!

Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail