Saturday, June 13, 2009

This is Why I Love the Blogosphere

I've had an emotional week.  Working at a school, this is what I would imagine is the busiest, craziest time.  Factor in the fact that teachers and students all pull up stakes and escape town as soon as the final bell rings and it's a recipe for utter madness.  I've been coming home so exhausted I can barely think.

On top of that, Emily and I have been dealing a lot with loneliness. We both have lots of acquaintances, maybe even friends, but not that one real, true friend - the one you call just to gab, the one you call when you are crying, the one you call when you need help.  

Then there's the issue of everyone going home and we are staying here.  We'll be going to Jordan later in July, but it's kind of hard to be stuck here in Doha when almost everyone you know is enjoying life back in the States (or wherever they hail from).  

So I've been having a big pity party the last few days.  In fact, I am still trying to kick out the last few guests.  

But then today I visited a couple of my favorite blogs, the two Jess's.  (Jess'es?  Jess'?) Jess over at Mourning into Dancing just got the devastating diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis.  And yet she wrote a post today that helped me put my troubles in perspective.  She helped me remember that I have the most important things - my health, my family, a relationship with Christ.  I have a home and enough food to eat.  We are blessed indeed.

Immediately after reading her blog, I clicked on over to Making Home.  This Jess had written a beautiful post on the importance of suffering.  No one likes it, but it's necessary in our lives, particularly as Christians.  Suffering is often the tool by which God chisels away the imperfections in our lives.  Without it, there would often be no growth.  Jess made the point that we often do all we can to eliminate any pang of pain sent our way, but that actually can negate what God is trying to do in our lives. 

I'm so thankful for wise, wonderful women who can uplift others through the ministry of their blogs.  Though I've never met either of these amazing ladies, I'm grateful for the things they have taught me and for how they lifted me up out my pit today.

1 comments:

Stacey said...

of course, i totally get how you feel, but i wonder if all this time will build a stronger relationship for you and emily. i hope so.

good luck with the house hunting!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail