Friday, August 14, 2009

Back to Reality

And so vacation is over.

We returned to Doha late yesterday afternoon.  The return trip through Saudi Arabia was more pleasant, but still not something we want to repeat.  From here on out, we'll be flying any time we want to leave Qatar.

Once home, we discovered a thick layer of sand/dust covering everything in the house.  Apparently a week-long sandstorm struck while we were out of town, oozing in through vents and cracks around the doors.  Everything, and I mean everything needed to be wiped down, or changed, or washed.  

I've gotten about half-way through the laundry.  It's at times like this that I really miss having a dryer.  The whole procedure would take much, much less time and ironing wouldn't be necessary for every little thing.  Someday I'll get one.  Someday...

Then, of course, came the necessary re-stocking of the grocery pantry.  Ever since I (self)diagnosed myself with PCOS I've been studying up on the best way to deal with it and, lo and behold, it seems to be eating healthy and exercising.  (Darn it!!  Why couldn't, just once, the cure for some disease to be sitting in front of junk tv while scarfing down crunchy Cheetos??)  So, as we drove back home, I made up my shopping list.  I'm trying to focus on whole, natural foods and going to be phasing out processed foods.  I'm still promising myself that I'm going to kick my Pepsi habit, as I know that one of my biggest problems.  However, I can proudly report that I lost 5 pounds during my time in Jordan.   Whoo-hoo!!  Now if I can just maintain the habits I was following there - no  late night snacking, plenty of fruit and very little between meal snacking as well.

Tomorrow I want to finish up the laundry, mop the second floor to get rid of the final layer of grime, finish dusting (it's everything I tell you!!), take Daniel to the fish store to replace the fish which all died during our vacation (only the nasty ugly ones were left who were eating all the other ones though, so we aren't TOO heartbroken), and go brunette.  Yes, I want to dye my hair darker.  Hubby doesn't know it yet, and he likes it lighter, but I just can't stand looking at it anymore.  It's brassy and gold and I hate it.  Anyways summer is pretty much over once I start work on Sunday, and blond is for summertime, right? 

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail