Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Quirks? Oh, yeah. I Got 'Em.

A couple of weeks ago, Jennifer tagged me to do this meme where you have to name 7 quirky things about yourself. At first I was like, "Hmm, I can't think of a single thing." Then I was all like, "Uh, yes I can."

Myself and I often have conversations like this where we disagree.

Anyways, here are a few of the thing that the other half of me thought up:

1) I don't like drinking water from drinking glasses - I'd rather drink it from a plastic bottle or plastic cup. However, I don't like drinking anything else in plastic cups or bottles, only in glasses.

2) Whenever I make a salad, as I'm tearing up the lettuce my nose automatically squinches (is that a word? I don't think so.) up like I'm dealing with the most distasteful thing on earth. But I love lettuce and I don't know why I do that. It just happens.

3) I like my house to look neat and pretty but only from afar. Dusting, cleaning sinks, etc. (i.e., stuff that you would only notice from up close) are way far down my list of things to do.

4) I have a terrible memory. Seriously, I can't remember what I was doing yesterday. This causes my super-extra-organized Hubby grief to no end. He can ask me to do something for him and by the end of the phone call I will have completely forgotten about it.

5) I'm a reality tv junkie. I know, I know - it's hardly reality. But I love Survivor, The Amazing Race, The Biggest Loser, and Top Chef (those last two may be somewhat incompatible, if you think about it.).

6) I hate to shave my legs. In fact, one of the perks of living in Doha that I've never mentioned before is that, since shorts are pretty much off limits, I get to shave less often. Whoo-hoo!! Hubby, sadly, does not appreciate this fact.

7) I cry at the drop of a hat. I cry when I'm happy, I cry when I'm sad, I cry when I'm frustrated, I cry when I'm embarassed, I cry when I'm having an uncomfortable conversation. I cry at stupid tv moments and at sappy love songs. Basically I cry all the time. Now, 15 and a half years into marriage, Hubby finds this ridiculous. When he and I were first engaged, he found it "touching" that I had such a sensitive spirit. Isn't it funny how time changes your perspective???

I hate doing the tagging thing so I'm just not gonna do it. But I had fun playing along and if anyone else wants to play along, please do and let me know! It's a chance to get to see a side of ourselves we may not normally share on our blogs.

3 comments:

Ohilda said...

I just came across your blog tonight, and I gotta tell you that I love it! I will definitely be coming back.

Blessings,

Ohilda

Anonymous said...

Are you still doing the Creative Counterpart Study? I got the book out of the library and was loving what I was reading so much that I bought it. I have been enjoying your posts on this book. Please continue!
Thanks
Eileen

Unknown said...

I just love reading your blog!

Your quirks are similar to a few of mine. Or, they would be, if I had any quirks! ;)

Except I hate drinking out of glass. I will always, always, always choose plastic first.

But I'm just classy like that.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail