Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Meet My Hubby

I found this cute meme on husbands over at Tracye's blog. Since I rarely talk about Hubby here (which is HIS preference, not mine!) I thought I would at least give you a little peak into who he is. As long as none of this information could be used in any way to identify him. Yeah - he's got privacy issues. It's my cross in life.


1. He's sitting in front of the TV: what is on the screen?
Well, in America that would have been Christian programming. But as that's unavailable here, his new favorites are either news or the Animal Planet.

2. You're out to eat. What kind of dressing does he get on his salad?
Usually he doesn't use dressing. It might mess up his "finely tuned body." Snort!

3. What is one food he doesn't like?
He's pretty good about this, but he doesn't like pork and he hates it when I mix fruit into anything hot, like a fruit salsa on fish.

4. You go out to the bar. What does he order?
He wouldn't be caught dead in a bar (he's a bit more fundamentalist than me), but he'd get a soda if he was stuck on the side of a road and it was the only shelter in a snowstorm.

5. Where did he go to high school?
Private all-boys Catholic school in Jordan. His graduating class behaved so badly that they cancelled the graduation ceremony. He, of course, denies any involvement in said bad behavior.

6. What size shoe does he wear?
10 1/2

7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be?
This is my big problem. He collects EVERYTHING. Nothing would ever go in the garbage can if it were up to him.

8. What is his favorite type of sandwich?
Turkey and salami on whole wheat.

9. What would the Husband eat every day if he could?
Sweets - he'd live on dessert if he could. Ice cream, pecan pie, carrot cake - those are some of his favorites. And the stinker still manages to keep his 32 inch waist.

10. What is his favorite cereal?
Don't remember the name of it cuz I can't get it here, but it's flakes with almond clusters and comes in a blue and white box. Oh, maybe it's Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds?!?

11. What would he never wear?
Um, a dress? I don't know. He's always very nicely dressed, but I can't think of one specific thing he wouldn't wear. Something wrinkled, I guess.

12. What is his favorite sports team?
He's not really into sports, but does like the Miami Hurricanes (college football).

13. Who will he vote for?
Whoever is the most conservative person on the ballot!

14. Who is his best friend?
Me!

15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn’t do?
Oh, this list could go on for quite some time. Got a cup of tea? A comfortable chair? Well, he wishes I wouldn't drop my clothes on the floor when I get undressed. And not say things like, "Oh, dang!" when he's driving because he interprets that as, "There is a Mack truck about to hit us!!!!!" when it really just means I'm out of mints. And he hates it when I forget to dust the tops of things, like pictures hanging on the walls and the tops of the canisters in the kitchen.

16. How many states has he lived in?
Two - New York and Florida. Hey! He could be an elderly Jewish man in disguise!!

17. What is his heritage?
He is Palestinian, but born in Jordan. Both parents are from Jerusalem and were forced to flee during the war when the land became Israel.

18. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind?
Either carrot cake or Hawaiian Wedding Cake.

19. Did he play sports in high school?
Not that I know of. Like I said, not much of a sports guy. Well, maybe he played soccer. But there weren't huge organized school sports at the time like we have in the States. There was a war going on, you know!!!! (He likes to remind us of this when the kids and I are a little whiny.)

20. What could he spend hours doing?
Piddling around in the yard, if we had one. Surfing the internet. Paying bills. Cleaning the house because his standard of clean and my standard of clean are just a little different.

So that's a little glimpse of my super wonderful, awesomely fantastic husband. I love him and am so proud to be his wife.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so the elderly Jewish man comment made me snort! So funny! I did this meme as well, and linked to your blog on mine. Thanks for the idea. So fun!

Anonymous said...

so how did this man survive in miami and not like pork? seriously.

Unknown said...

I love Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds! I had it yesterday. Would have had it today, but apparently we are now going through FOUR gallons of milk a week, when we previously have been going through THREE. So I need to make a milk run, is what I'm saying.

Yeah, I like the elderly Jewish man comment, too.

I liked this meme. It was fun!

32 inch waist??? Is that ever depressing.

Nancy M. said...

I stole this from you also. I put a link back to your blog! Hope you don't mind.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail