Wednesday, November 28, 2007

WFMW - Most Excellent Cake Ever!


Ok. You need a cake. It has to be quick and easy. It has to be fairly cheap. And it has to be amazing!

You need Hawaiian Wedding Cake.

This is one of the most delicious desserts I've ever had in my life and it never fails to get rave reviews. While it is quick and easy to make, it's better if it sits in your fridge for several hours, so try to budget that in to your planning. Here's the recipe:

  • 1 box yellow cake mix (and whatever ingredients are called for to make it)
  • 1 can crushed pineapple (15 oz.)
  • 1 3 oz. package of vanilla instant pudding mix
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 8 oz. tub of Cool Whip

(Are you drooling just from looking at the ingredients yet?)

Bake the cake as directed on box. While still hot, poke holes all over the cake and pour the entire contents of the pineapple, including the juice over the cake, spreading the pineapple evenly. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.

While the cake is cooling, mix the pudding mix and milk, beating well for 2 minutes. Fold into the Cool Whip. This is your frosting. Spread onto the cake. Refrigerate for several hours, even overnight. The longer the better.

Sit back and wait for the thanks of the grateful people.

Even though I'm not personally a dessert person (although this is definitely one that I really enjoy!), I love knowing that I've made something that other people enjoy so much. This always accomplishes that for sure! And that works for me!

For more great tips, be sure to head on over to visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer.

11 comments:

Lady Why said...

That sounds absolutely delicious!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Sounds tasty!

missy said...

sounds good.....do u think i can add chocolate :)

Dawn said...

I had this cake at a party once. It tasted heavenly and it disappeared in the blink of an eye. I've been looking for the recipe ever since, so thanks for sharing!

Jeni said...

That looks really good, and with ingredients you can keep on-hand in the pantry and freezer. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe, Lori. It's nice to try something different and I love that it's easy. I'll be trying it soon!

Anonymous said...

I have printed your page and I will be transferring the recipe onto a recipe card for future. Thanks for the recipe. It really sounds delicious!

Amy said...

Mmmm... I have a church lunch next Saturday and I think I will make this! It is vaguely familiar... I'm thinking maybe I've had it with mandarin oranges beat into the batter?
Either way, this will be perfect to take... if I can just wait a whole 10 days! :)

Unknown said...

Mmmm... thanks!!!

Feel welcome to visit my site

Laane on the World

Have a great day!

Peggie said...

Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I decided to make this today b/c dh's b/day is tomorrow. But instead of reading the directions here, I read the directions on the pudding mix and used 2 cups of milk. I can't go back to the store, so I hope it turns out a bit and the "frosting" isn't too runny.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail