Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thankful Thursday

"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful." Colossians 3:15


I have been missing from Thankful Thursday lately. Not because I don't have much to be thankful for. I've just been overwhelmed by all the stuff happening in my life that I've neglected to really take the time to stop and be thankful. Unfortunately, that's often the way it is. Moving through life without thought of who it is who gave us this life.

Things have been going well, but have been overwhelming. And the sad part is that had I taken the time to spend giving God thanks, it probably wouldn't have been. It's when we get all wrapped up in ourselves and our little lives that we lose sight of what we should be doing - having relationship with God - and instead focus on all the small "stuff" of life.

So here's my list. It's incomplete, of course, but these are the big things on my mind today.

  • I'm thankful that we finally have a set plan. Hubby will be leaving the US the first week of January. He begins work in Qatar in mid-January.
  • I'm thankful that we'll be able to spend Christmas together.
  • I'm thankful that Hubby will be able to attend his brother's wedding (at the age of 50!! We thought it would never happen!!) in Jordan before moving on to Qatar.
  • I'm thankful that the kids and I are leaving this weekend to go to Grandma's house. We are all looking forward to spending time with grandparents, aunt and uncles, and cousins. We are also looking forward to cool weather!!
  • I'm thankful that Mike Huckabee is moving up in the polls. Let me tell you, he's the real deal Christian conservative. He's what I always hoped a politician could be - someone who balances conservative ideals with compassion. He would make a great president!
  • I'm thankful that Hubby's new company has offered to pay for shipping all of our belongings to Qatar. It will make things so much easier. We are still weeding out probably 40% of our belongings, but it's nice to know we'll have familiar and comfortable things around us and that all our special, personal things won't have to be sold off or put into storage.
  • I'm thankful that it's Christmas. This is one of the most wonderful times of the year (I love Easter as well) and it forces us to focus on Christ and on others. We just have to make sure we don't let our selves get overwhelmed by all the nonsense that comes with it.

To be inspired by other women's lists of what they are thankful for, visit Laurel Wreath.

9 comments:

Susan said...

Happy TT to you!

Wow, so much going on. I pray for safe travels for your husband.

I pray you enjoy your holidays and get everything done in time!

Blessings to you on this special day,

Susan

lori said...

From one Lori to another...
great post..
Huckabee fan here too!:)
Praying for safety for your husband...If God is guiding it, it will be GOOD..cling to that!
peace today,
lori

Stacey said...

all wonderful things!!

Lori said...

Wow you do have a lot on your plate. I pray everything goes smoothly for your husband.

Have a wonderful Thursday.

Mary said...

I can see why you have been so overwhelmed. God is good and He will provide all of your needs. Keep you eyes on HIM.

Blessings,
Mary

Cheryl said...

Oh my goodness, you really are very busy! Hope things go smooth for you and your hubby. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas together and his trip is a safe one. God Bless!

Vicki said...

Bless your heart! I will definitely spend time praying for you and hubby and family this next little while. Rest in God and enjoy your Christmas together. What a sweet post, so heart-felt and honest. I appreciate you. God bless you, dear one.

hugs,
Vicki

Anonymous said...

Lori,

Oh Girl, you DO have a ton going on. I can see how you could be distracted... moving to where???

I loved reading this post. Happy TT.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Lori, I thought of another thing. You made it through the "official" hurricane season!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail