Monday, November 5, 2007

Menu Plan Monday



Welcome back to another Menu Plan Monday - time to post this week's menus. I know this type of post may seem kind of mundane and it's not really so spiritually inspiring, but it really has helped me to become more accountable and responsible for making healthy meals for my family.

This is going to be quite a chaotic week. I will be out of the house every night but Thursday, so planning meals is going to be a little tricky.

Sunday - Tuna Casserole

Monday - Tostadas

Tuesday - Lasagna, roasted broccoli

Wednesday - Leftovers

Thursday - Scallops, rice, steamed green beans

Friday - Pizza (we are having a slumber party for the girls in our homeschool group)

Saturday - Spaghetti, garlic bread, caesar salad

Sunday - Hamburgers, cole slaw, baked beans

So that's our plan for this week. Due to some financial stuff going on, I spent the bare minimum at the store this week for this menu. I already had the scallops in the freezer, and I'll still have to buy the pizzas (but the partygoers are all chipping in for that), but I managed to spend only $47 at the grocery store. Hopefully that can get us through the bulk of the week. I tried to think of creative ways to use up whatever I had left in the pantry.

We are still waiting to hear from the company in Qatar. It's been back and forth with offer and counter-offer for three weeks now. They are very slow in replying and it's maddening. I'm hoping that Hubby will finally reach an agreement with them this week so that we can have a firm plan of what we are doing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a beautiful meal plan--I LOVE scallops!!

Michelle said...

I'm wishing you and the family all the best with the job.The meals all sound so great.Have a good week amongst the chaos..:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail