Sunday, November 4, 2007

Link Love to Share

Well, it's been a pretty yucky couple of days around here - nothing major, but enough to dampen my blog-writing enthusiasm.

We have a rental property that's available. I had someone wanting to take it, but Hubby wanted to rent it to someone else. This person promised to sign the lease and was supposed to meet Hubby at the bank first thing in the morning to get the funds. Of course, he never showed up and wouldn't pick up his phone. Then, of course, the other person (who I had told we were going with someone else) wanted nothing to do with us. So we went from having two interested parties to having none. This is on top of our original tenant breaking her lease after just 3 months! Trust me - don't get into the rental property business unless you have tons of money to spend!

On top of that, the a/c broke at the rental property. After paying to replace the entire outside unit - guess what? - it still didn't work. So we had to replace the inside unit too. That cost quite a pretty penny.

But, undeterred, I still want to post. Although I have nothing of my own to say (unless you want to listen to more whining - NOT!), I do have some jewels that I have found on the blogsphere lately to share. I hope you enjoy them as well.
  • Sara at Walk Slowly, Live Wildly wrote this amazing post, taking a fresh look at Proverbs 31. I'm still digesting it all there's so much good stuff in there to think and pray over. (Bonnet tip to Lizzie for this one!)
  • I found this list of questions for wives. It holds the mirror of Scripture up and makes us look at how we reflect upon it. Warning: Don't go here unless you are really willing to be convicted and make a change in your marriage relationship!
  • This comprehensive list of the characteristics of a fool in Scripture brought me to my knees in repentance this week. I was mad at Hubby when I first read it, but was horrified to read that most of the things on the list not only didn't apply to him, they applied to me!
  • Camilla at Growing in Truth wrote another deep, meaty and convicting post that really applies to women who, like me, struggle with managing our homes and families because of misplaced priorities. It, too, is something I'm taking my time to mull over because there is so much to be learned.

I guess that's all for now. Trust me, if you read through all of these, you'll be kept plenty busy!

1 comments:

Ice Cream said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting that link to Growing In Tuth's post. What an amazing thing she has done. I'm am truly humbled and inspired by it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail