Monday, December 15, 2008

Menu Plan Monday



I'm so excited at this time of year! It's a time for delicious treats, beautifully decorated homes, delightful music, and so much more. Christmas is a great time of the year! Even here in Doha, Qatar (where we are currently living), I've been surprised at the amount of Christmas trees in stores. It's a pleasant surprise.

I've got some really yummy things planned for this week. My mom blessed me with two (TWO!!) Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Cooking cookbooks for Christmas while we were back in Tucson and I'm putting them to good use this week. Here's my plan:

Monday: Lemon-Rosemary Chicken, buttermilk-garlic smashed potatoes, tossed salad

Tuesday: Baja Beef & Beans and Tex-Mex Rice

Wednesday: Island Chicken, fruited rice, and garlic-roasted green beans

Thursday: Picnic in the park (it's Qatar's independence day and there is going to be a light show and fireworks by the gulf. Should be fun!!)

Friday: Broiled salmon with creamy horseradish sauce (recipe below), brussel sprouts, and roasted potatoes

Saturday: Stuffed zucchini, rice with vermicelli and chopped salad

Sunday: Lentils & rice and a lemony salad

Broiled Salmon with Creamy Horseradish Sauce

  • 1 lb. salmon fillets
  • Olive oil cooking spray
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 2 T. prepared horseradish
  • 1 t. Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 t. extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 1/2 t. lemon pepper seasoning

Preheat broiler. Rinse fish and pat dry. Cut into 4 serving pieces. Coat a baking sheet with the cooking spray; set aside.

Stir together sour cream, horseradish and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Brush fish with oil; sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning. Place on baking sheet and broil 4-6 inches from heat for 4-6 minutes per side. Serve with sour cream mixture.

* * * * * * * * * *

Doesn't that sound yummy?! It's from Sandra Lee's book, Cooking Made Light. Well, to be honest, her recipe calls for fat free sour cream, but, uh, NO! Though I guess you could use it if you really wanted to.

For more great menu planning ideas, be sure to check out Laura at The Organizing Junkie.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am always so jealous when I see your menus!

Hubs is the pickiest eater on the planet; I really think he'd literally starve himself before eating anything you posted.

BUT I'M SALIVATING ALL OVER MY KEYBOARD!!!

I really think it would be kind of you and Organizing Junkie to suspend Menu Plan Monday until after this baby is out and the cravings are over! ;)

Doesn't take much to make me crave stuff these days!

tammi said...

Oooo, that DOES sound yummy! I happen to have a whole salmon in my freezer.... might have to give that a try since it's a LITTLE too cold to be barbecuing this week!! (we do usually grill year round, but we're trapped in an extreme cold snap ~ -53F with the windchill ~ so I'll spare hubby and do all the cooking indoors this week!)

Anonymous said...

Lori, I totally agree. I see no point to no-fat sour cream. You may as well use glue. Whenever I see it in a recipe, I at least use low-fat if not full fat.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail