Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Just Call Me Wheezie

How many of you remember "The Jeffersons?"  I used to love that show, and I loved it when George called Louise "Wheezie."  

That's not why I'm considering changing my name.

After feeling better for a few days, I've since taken a turn for the worse again.  Fortunately, I'm not in pain and I still feel pretty good for the most part.  But I've still been having coughing fits and now those fits are finished up with my windpipe completely closing up, leaving me gasping for air.  Picture those movies where the character is asthmatic and is in the throes of a severe attack, gasping and frantically searching for an inhaler.  That's what it's been like for the last 3 or 4 days.  I cough for about 30 seconds and then gasp for air for another 30-60 seconds.  It's a terrifying feeling to be totally unable to breathe!

It got to the point today that my boss sent me home from work early.  I went back to the hospital to get re-checked and the doctor (bless her heart!) prescribed an inhaler for me.  I'm hoping that that will help tremendously.

Oh, and I may have some news on the job situation tomorrow.  I've been promised that the problem will be resolved as soon as one woman returns from vacation and that should be in the next day or two.  I wasn't told exactly what the resolution would be, but whatever it is, I just want things to be peaceful and settled.  I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Leeann said...

You poor thing. I am so sorry that these cruds wont' leave you alone! I wonder if it could possibly be some kind of seasonal allergy thing? In Austin there is something called Cedar Fever that makes most people ill for a limited time each year.

Feel better! And let us know about the work thing when you find something out.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, that sounds a bit like whooping cough, did you have a Tdap vaccination (tetanus, diptheria and pertussis) before you went to Qatar?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail