Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Wisdom



I have much to be thankful for this week. It's been a tiring week, both physically and emotionally, but still I can see God's hand on my life. It's so reassuring to know that He is always there with me, even when I feel like I am too tired or distracted to give Him the attention He deserves.

Physically, I must say how thankful I am for healing. After my bout with "tracheitis" over the past couple of weeks, I am thankful to be free of pain when I breathe. I'm still coughing, but not nearly as frequently and without the immense pain I had before. I'm still struggling with fatigue, but I'm thankful that it doesn't generally hit until later in the evening. It's great to be able to go about my day with energy and stamina again.

Emotionally, the struggles at work seem to be easing up. I did end up meeting with the other ladies in the office as well as the principal and asst. principal to try to work out our problems. It was uncomfortable, but I prayed alot beforehand and really feel as though God guided my word choice and helped me get through it without losing my temper or crying (if you don't know me in real life, you may not be aware that I cry at the drop of a hat. I cry at the Waltons, for goodness' sake!!). Since the meeting, things have slowly thawed out between the woman I was having problems with. It's not that great, but it's not horrible either.

I'm continuing to pray for the situation between her and the other woman. There seem to be deeper issues there which were not resolved during the meeting. The other woman continually comes to me with her frustrations and I'm really trying to be a wise counsel to her. I am working hard not just to commiserate with her about the woman, but instead to work towards reconciliation.

So I'm thankful that God has been gracious enough to give me wisdom. I'm not claiming to be perfect, but He has blessed me with enough wisdom to let me know that it is clearly not of my own doing!!! As I continue to grow in my faith, it's a joy to see the results of that played out in the day-to-day situations of my life.

Proverbs 8: 1-21

The Blessings of Wisdom

Does not wisdom call? Does not understanding raise her voice?

On the heights beside the way, at the crossroads she takes her stand;

beside the gates in front of the town, at the entrance of the portals she cries aloud:

“To you, O men, I call, and my cry is to the children of man. O simple ones, learn prudence;

O fools, learn sense. Hear, for I will speak noble things, and from my lips will come what is

right, for my mouth will utter truth; wickedness is an abomination to my lips.

All the words of my mouth are righteous; there is nothing twisted or crooked in them.

They are all straight to him who understands, and right to those who find knowledge.

Take my instruction instead of silver, and knowledge rather than choice gold,

for wisdom is better than jewels, and all that you may desire cannot compare with her.

“I, wisdom, dwell with prudence, and I find knowledge and discretion. The fear of the Lord is

hatred of evil. Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate.

I have counsel and sound wisdom; I have insight; I have strength.

By me kings reign, and rulers decree what is just;

by me princes rule and nobles, all who govern justly.

I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.

Riches and honor are with me, enduring wealth and righteousness.

My fruit is better than gold, even fine gold, and my yield than choice silver.

I walk in the way of righteousness, in the paths of justice,

granting an inheritance to those who love me, and filling their treasuries.

For more Thankful Thursday posts, be sure to pop on over to Women Taking a Stand.

6 comments:

Jerralea said...

I appreciated when you said: "It's so reassuring to know that He is always there with me, even when I feel like I am too tired or distracted to give Him the attention He deserves."

So often I'm too tired to give Him my attention - yet, He's there! I love Him!

Laurie Ann said...

He is always there with us. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Marsha said...

It's a blessing to know He is there providing wisdom in all situations when we ask Him.

I totally admire you and all the adjustments to your new life.

Have a blessed weekend.

Denise said...

You are so precious.

LAURIE said...

May God give you the peace and the wisdom you need in your situation. Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us today over at TT! -Laurie

Rita T. said...

It's hard to know what to say sometimes but the Lord leads and all you need to do is follow. Loved the post. Have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail