Thursday, March 13, 2008

Happiness is...



1. Being two weeks from seeing my husband after a too-long separation.

2. Having rented out all our properties that needed to be rented - no more people showing up at the door unexpectedly, no more phone calls, no more open houses, no more showings that people don't show up for, no more worrying about having the house in "show-ready" condition 24-7.

3. Knowing that I can indeed bring our dog and therefore I have a very happy son.

4. Having the ultimate birthday gifts stashed away to surprise the kids with when they might be struggling to adapt to a new life.

5. Having the new Jodi Picoult novel in my possession. Hooray for the library fairies that smiled upon me and somehow moved me from 38th in line to 1st!! Otherwise I would never have gotten to read it before I leave.

6. Having great friends, our homeschool support group, who threw us a surprise going away party last week. I was going to wait to post about it until I got pictures of the event, but I can't let a Thankful Thursday pass without mentioning how much our friends mean to us.


It's really the little things in life that make up the happy moments, isn't it? I mean, that is what our lives are basically made up of - little moments. The minutiae of life. And yet we so often take those day to day moments for granted.


What do you have to be thankful for in your life today? Don't just consider the big things - think about all the little blessings that happen every day.

Little drops of water, little grains of sand,
make the mighty ocean and the beauteous land.
And the little moments, humble though they may be,
make the mighty ages of eternity.

~ from "Little Drops of Water," by Julia Carney, 1845

Thanks, as always, to Iris for hosting Thankful Thursday. It really is one of my favorite bloggy days of each week. Be sure to stop by and be blessed by other Thankful Thursday posts.

8 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing your very grateful heart with us.

Gina said...

Love the title of your blog and the look of it as well. So glad you'll be with your husband again.

Edwena said...

I love the quote by Julia Carney. Never heard of her before, but it was so true. Visiting your blog for the first time from TT.
Edwena

Anonymous said...

That was really nice! Blessings and have a wonderful TT.

Anonymous said...

Great thankfuls. I miss my dh too. He has been gone over a week between two jobs for an ambulance service and fire dept. Can't wait to see him!

Stacey said...

i am so glad everything is settling nicely for you guys before you leave!

Cheryl said...

Glad to hear you will be with your husband soon. You have a nice post. Thanks for sharing. God Bless~

eph2810 said...

I am so glad that all is in order with your houses before you leave for Qatar. I know that this must have been a huge burden for you.
How fun that your friends threw you a going-away-party.
I hope that you will still share your blessings with us once you over the ocean (of course after you are settled).

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week.

Blessings to you and your precious family.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail