Monday, January 5, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - Cheap, Fast & Good!


Well, I'm still working on cutting back my grocery costs. This week, my menu will still be focusing on using what I already have here in the house. Here's what I came up with:

Monday - Spaghetti with meat sauce, tossed salad and rolls

Tuesday - Chicken with rice and broccoli (from the back of a Rice-a-Roni box)

Wednesday - Stuffed Squash (Koosa Mahshi) with a chopped salad

Thursday - Tuna Casserole, tossed salad, steamed veggies

Friday - Creamy Pasta Primavera, Caesar salad

Saturday - Homemade pizza, tossed salad

Sunday - Bezella (an Arabic meat and veggie stew, served over rice)


So once again, I'm trying to serve several meatless meals. The only meat I'm using here is the beef for the stew, a small amount of chicken and 1 pound of hamburger divided over two meals for the spaghetti and the stuffed squash.

And I have to say that the Clam Chowder from last week was a big hit!! Hubby loved it! He's generally pretty hard to impress with food, so when he raves about something, I know it's a keeper.

We have been seriously considering putting our children into the American School here in Doha. Hubby and I both feel it would be good for them emotionally and academically. However, it's quite pricey. If we do, I will probably need to look for a job. In order to avoid that, I'm trying to find ways to cut our budget. It's not that I don't want to contribute financially, but I'm convinced that I can better serve our family by being here, in the home. If I can make changes to our spending, I hope to avoid having to go back to work. So I'd be grateful for any tips you have to help in that area!

For more Menu Plans, be sure to visit The Organizing Junkie!!

4 comments:

Leeann said...

Your expatriate life is bringing more and more memories back for me. My brother and I went to the American School of Milan. It was definitely an experience, in countless ways. To share a classroom with kids from Russia, Africa, Sweden, Turkey, Germany etc etc...that is living. Of course, with all the cultural differences, I learned about some things awfully quickly but on the whole, it was an EXCELLENT experience!

Mandi said...

The bezella looks wonderful. Have a great week.

Stacey said...

is there any way to connect with those families w/o putting the kids in school? that is if you don't want to do the job thing and stay at home.

Misty said...

no suggestions other than i'll pray for discernment and guidance as you tweak your budget and you and hubby talk about what you want for the kids/y'all.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail