Saturday, July 28, 2007

Time is Precious

“O Lord, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days;
let me know how fleeting I am! Psalm 39:4


I learned today that a couple from our church were killed this week in a motorcycle accident. I was friendly with the woman, but had never met her husband. They were on vacation and it was a tragic accident out of the blue. It has made me think about how none of us have any promises of how much time we have - only that our time is limited.

I hope to learn from Ben and Linda's sudden and tragic death. All the things that I want to do and be - it's time to do and be them already. I have no guarantees even for one more tomorrow. Ben and Linda died doing something they loved to do - travelling cross country on their motorcycle. I need to step up my life and live it to the fullest. My 101 in 1001 list? It's time to really get cracking on it!

I need to stop wasting away precious time that is a gift from God. At least their deaths can have some small good thing come out of it.

2 comments:

TheNormalMiddle said...

No, we are not guaranteed a tomorrow...so we enjoy the journey TODAY.

Thank you for the reminder to live today to the fullest.

And yes, get crackin' on that list! :)

Leeann said...

Lori,

This really is the truth. Unfortunately, sometimes it takes a tragedy to shock us into remembering it.
I'm sorry you lost a friend.

Leeann

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail