Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thankful Thursday



Well, today I had exciting plans. I was scheduled to go with our homeschool group down to the local PBS station's Resource Center. They were offering us the opportunity to use their materials, just like public schools. Videos on basically every subject imaginable. I was so excited. Until about 3:30 this morning.

That's when a nasty flu bug hit Emily. She's been throwing up ever since and she's miserable. The sweet thing told me I could leave her here alone and still go, but I can't leave her when she's so sick.

So today I choose to be thankful that God knows better. Even though I was very excited about this opportunity, for whatever reason, it wasn't where God wanted me this morning. Perhaps it's so I can get more schooling done with Daniel. Maybe because my house is a disaster and really needs work on. It could be that we would have been involved in an accident if we were on the roads at that time. I just don't know.

But I know that God knows.

I'm so thankful that, when my plans don't work out, I always know that God's plan is working out. I'm disappointed, yes. It's a great opportunity for we homeschoolers to be given access to such a vast resource. I'll miss the introduction to it and the instruction, but I'll still be able to figure it out, I suppose. But I'm strangely not disappointed.

It's good to have the assurance that whatever happens in life, big or small, is from the Lord. Today's switch in plans is a small thing, I know. But, because of God's promises, I know that every day of my life is ordained of the Lord. He knows it all. It's all part of His plan.

And that makes me feel so safe, so secure, knowing that I'm always in the palm of His hand. And there's no better place to be.

8 comments:

Denise said...

I will be praying for dear Emily.

Anonymous said...

Lori, I love how you are able to turn something that could have been a big disappointment into an opportunity to be thankful to our Lord. It's very uplifting and inspirational to read. Thank you.

tammi said...

Oh, I do hope Emily is feeling better very soon.

You sound so peaceful today, even though dealing with disappointment, a sick child -- and a disastrous house! I love that. Thank you for sharing. I need to get better at recognizing that God knows best when my days don't go according to (MY) plan.

Christine said...

Poor sweet girl!! It's a blessing to trust God when our plans don't go our way. Maybe he just thought you needed snuggle time with Emily!

JavaMama said...

Wow, thanks for the reminder to trust God even in the small things... so often it seems we only turn towards him in the big things. I will keep Emily in my prayers and her momma. :0)

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli

Aisling said...

I'm sorry you didn't get to go but kudos to you for managing to see good in it and still be thankful, a lot of people wouldn't.

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing your story. I've been in that boat more times than I can count over the past few years of parenting. Yielding to the God That Knows is the best reaction of them all. Praise God you submitted peacefully to His plans!

Blessings!

Robin said...

Being flexible in the midst of life is such a gift and blessing in and of itself. Blessings on you today!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail