Friday, September 14, 2007

It's a new day!

This morning the sun is shining brightly; all the children in my house are happy and, most importantly, healthy; no cop killers roam through nearby neighborhoods; life is good.

Another thing I should make note if is that our small group will be continuing. As I mentioned here and here, Hubby and I had really been struggling in regards to whether or not continuing to lead it was what God wanted us to do. After my flubbed email, one couple stepped up and offered to serve, not as leaders, but as coordinators. They suggested that we rotate both leading and hosting duties amongst the group so no one would be too overwhelmed. That idea was met with pretty positive responses from within the group, so we will be meeting tonight to set up all the details.

All of this is to say that God always makes something new. Even when it's dark or scary or sad, He is able to re-form your situation into something He can use.

"Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning."
Psalm 30:5b

I know that the situations I mentioned above are not life-transforming things - a sick child, a criminal on the loose, a Bible study fraught with misunderstanding. This doesn't even come close to what you may have gone through in your life - the loss of a child or spouse, life-threatening illness, serious financial trouble.

But God's promises hold just as true in the big situations as they do in the small ones. Somehow, if one looks for it, you can see God's hand at work. You'll understand, though sometimes only through hindsight, how God used a terrible, horrible situation to accomplish something that will bring about His glory.

And isn't that what we are here for? To bring glory to God? If He can use me to glorify His name, I'm open to it. I know it won't always be easy. It will often be painful, more painful than anyone might expect. But I know that God will sustain me - just like He will sustain you - through whatever He calls us to go through.

2 comments:

tammi said...

This is the THIRD blog I've read this morning where that verse has popped up. But what a great message for us that no matter what the circumstances of our lives may be, God renews our strength daily.

Glad to hear your Bible study won't be ending, but that you'll get a break from leading and hosting all the time.

Tracy said...

what a beautiful post today thank you for sharing that great verse. It is awesome how the Lord sustains us when we are weak and down. This is just the verse I needed today..thank YOU!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail