Monday, October 29, 2007

Menu Plan Monday!



Wow - it's the end of October already! Can you believe it? This year seems to have just flown by. The holidays are almost here. I love this time of year - once October is over, you can bet I'll be pulling out my Christmas cds. By December 26th, I'll be so sick of them, but I can't wait to get into the holiday spirit!!

On to this week's menu.

Monday - Spaghetti, cheese toast, tossed salad

Tuesday- Bezella with white rice and salad

Wednesday - Mezze (hummous, tabouli, cheeses, pita bread, pickles, olives, etc.) I know I serve this every Wednesday, but now that the kids and I are at church on Wednesday evenings, this is the perfect meal for my Middle Eastern hubby to enjoy - easy to prepare, keep and clean up after!

Thursday - Scallops Charleston, wild rice, roasted broccoli

Friday - Blackened Chicken Salad (we have our small group meeting this evening so this will be what I bring to that - it's an Applebee's recipe)

Saturday - Lentils & Rice with a lemony salad

Sunday - Sandwiches, cole slaw (made up on Saturday), chip (I'm trying to keep Sunday meals very simple and easy to prepare and clean up after)

So that's it! We are having some repeats - I'm still trying to use up ingredients I have in the fridge and pantry to cut back a little on our grocery expenses. I'm hoping that things will ease up a bit soon so I can get back on to my 8 Week Menu Plan - it really does save me so much time and make life so much easier!

Thanks for visiting me today. For more wonderful ideas, click on over to The Organizing Junkie for lots more Menu Plan Monday participants. There's always loads of great ideas there!

8 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

Christmas music ... I love it! That is probably why I have so many Christmas CD's.

Great menu plan! Hopefully November will go a little slower :) !!

Jenny said...

Great menu! The bezella sounds delicious!
Have a great week!

Maggie said...

oohh..blackened chicken salad sounds yummy!

Natalie said...

This is the second menu in a row where I've seen hummous, and now I really want some! I hope you enjoy your week!

Nicole said...

Great menu! I just lovvveee cheese toast with spaghetti. :)

Anonymous said...

what a delicious and unique menu plan this week. delicious!

lightening said...

I LOVE Christmas music too!!! :-) I get so EXCITED when it gets to November and I feel like Christmas is getting closer.

I've come here from organized junkie's menu plan Monday. This is the first time I've participated so now I'm having a browse of a few new blogs.

LOVE your blog. :-)

Unknown said...

I enjoy the holidays too. This year, I will be planning a holiday party for our business. It should be fun. I have to get the Christmas cards out too. Thanks for the reminder.
Enjoy your delicious meals.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail