Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho, It's Off to Work I Go

Well, not exactly.

In just two hours, I have a job interview. It's been a looooong time since I've done that. Like, 15 years. I'm nervous and still trying to decide what to wear. Do I wear the beautiful pink blouse that I grabbed yesterday for a steal? Or the black and white print blouse my hubby likes? I think the pink one is more professional (button down, long-sleeved) than the black and white (short-sleeved, kind of funky print, pretty open at the throat), but hubby thinks pink is not professional. (Ok, just reading back on those descriptions has pretty much convinced me to go with the pink.)

I'm still torn about the whole issue of working, to be honest. I know that with subbing I can choose when to work and it probably won't be overwhelming. However, eventually I hope (NEED!!) to find something more regular to bring in the money we need to cover the kids' school expenses. That's what scares me.

If you've ever visited Jess' blog, you will have fallen in love with her just like I did. Well, Jess recently went back to work. And it was hard for her. Hard to find the balance to maintain her home, be there for the kids, take care of herself, and still be loving and kind to her husband. That's what I'm afraid of.

I'm worried that my house will be even more chaotic and messy than it is. That we won't have clean clothes to wear. That dinner will end up more nights than not a pizza ordered in.

But still I know that this is the right thing to do, so I'm trusting God that He's going to provide the right job and provide the time that I need to make life work.

After all, He's in the "making-life-work" business.

1 comments:

Jess said...

You were the first person I met over the internet that I fell in love with.... hee hee!

You order pizza for a while, but then get the hang of it.

It's hard and good and weird all at the same time. (um, and apparently working leaves you BRAIN-DEAD!!! hard...good..weird...what's wrong with me??)

love you,
jess

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail