Monday, March 23, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


Ok, as you read this I'll be busy at work on my first day of employment in 14 years. Beginning to work will now require me to be even more organized than I've ever been. I'll get home around 4 pm most days, so there will still be time for dinner prep, but shopping and thinking it through in advance will take on new importance. Here's this week menu plan:

Sunday - Sticky Chicken, garlic & onion mashed potatoes, garlic green beans

Monday - Spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread and a caesar salad

Tuesday - Mahlouba

Wednesday - Swedish Meatballs over egg noodles and a tossed salad

Thursday - Hummous, kubbe, cheese, bread, pickles, olives

Friday - Jambalaya over rice

Saturday - Chicken tacos in the slow cooker (recipe below)


For the chicken tacos, I toss a package of chicken breasts in the slow cooker, toss in a can of mexican style corn, a chopped onion, a can of rotel, some cumin and salt and pepper. I let it cook on low all day and then about 30 minutes before we eat, I toss in a can of either black beans or kidney beans. I serve it up in either tortillas (for soft tacos) or taco shells (for hard tacos). Easy!

For more menu plans, be sure to click on over to The Organizing Junkie!

4 comments:

Jen Milne said...

Everything looks delish! And your blog is so pretty. :-)
Have a wonderful first week back to work, I hope all goes smoothly.

Mary said...

Hoping your first day back at work is a good one! I'm actually taking a vacation day and wishing I didn't have to go back tomorrow. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence isn't it?

Ashley @ The Happy Little Home said...

Hello I just found your blog from MPM. It is SO interesting! I can't wait to catch up!

Nic said...

The chicken taco recipe sounds great. But what is Mexican corn?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail