Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Yesterday...

all my troubles seemed so far away!

Seriously, yesterday was a pretty great day.

Not only does it appear that I may have found a great job (I will know for sure tomorrow), but there were all these other cool little things that happened that just made me smile.

  • * I found a box of Triscuits. Triscuits!!!! I love them and haven't seen them in months and months. I won't admit to what I paid for them, but they were worth every little dirham (our penny)!!!
  • * I made some yummy black beans and rice for dinner.
  • * Lost was on. Need I say more? How can any woman not love Sawyer?
  • * The ladies on the Women's Ministry Leadership Team were so sweet and encouraging when I informed them I would probably have to step down because of my return to the working world. I hate backing out on a commitment, but they were so gracious and wonderful.
  • * I had a nice chat with one of the other "church" moms last night. Not a big deal, but this is a woman who has kind of seemed to run hot and cold and it was nice that she came over and sat with me and chatted for about 20 minutes.
  • * I got to go to the mall ALL ALONE last night while Emily was at a team meeting for her upcoming missions trip.
  • * During said trip to the mall, I found it! I found it! What, you ask? The newest Jodi Picoult book, Handle With Care. And, to make it even sweeter, it wasn't THAT expensive. More than I would have liked to pay at around $17, but I love her writing so much that it's worth it.

So overall, it was just a sweet day with lots of little moments. And now, I'm off to do my grocery shopping a day early so that I can spend the day tomorrow at the school investigating the new job prospect. Wish me luck!!

1 comments:

Leeann said...

Sounds like a good day indeed! And I think 17$ was an EXCELLENT price for the new Picoult book. The cheapest I have seen it was nearly 16$ and that was at Costco. You probably paid less than you would have at most stores here.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Search

Loading...
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail