Monday, May 5, 2008

Menu Plan Monday



Right now I have cheesy game show theme music running through my head and I feel like saying, in my deepest voice of course, "Hello and welcome back to Menu Plan Monday here at The Simple Life at Home! Today's contestant is Lori - a stay at home wife, mom and homeschooler from Doha, Qatar! Lori enjoys cooking, reading and training iguanas! Welcome, Lori!"

Ok
, seriously, that is much funnier if you click the link for the music and have it playing in the background while you read that. And no, I don't actually enjoy training iguanas. It's work. Hard work, people.

So, can you tell I'm feeling a little silly today? Perhaps we should get on to the menus before I do something silly like throw big kisses at my monitor a la "The Dating Game."

This week I'm on Week 4 of my 8 Week Menu Plan. Last week was so great being back on plan. Shopping was a breeze and there was no last minute panic about what to have for dinner. If you haven't done up a menu plan for yourself, even if it's not an 8 week one like mine, you are missing out on a great tool for running your home. It saves time, money and stress.

So here is what we will be having in our home this week:

Monday
- Cauliflower Soup with pita bread wedges

Tuesday
- Hubs and I will be going out (hooray! a date!!) - sandwiches for the kids

Wednesday
- Crockpot Mexi Chicken with tortillas

Thursday
- Chicken Stir Fry with rice

Friday
- Homemade Pizza and salad

Saturday
- New Recipe Day! Today I'll give Shrimp Scampi Bake a turn since it somehow (gasp!) was left off my menu plan. Definitely a delish dish!

That's it for us this week. There is a couple of carry-overs from last week since I wasn't up to cooking for a few days. For more great menu ideas, be sure to visit The Organizing Junkie!
Be sure to come back next time and visit!!

1 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Let us know how that shrimp scampi bake turns out! I love shrimp scampi. Have a great week.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail