Sunday, May 25, 2008

Shame on Me!!!

I've been tagged for a couple of memes and have put them off long enough. Right now, I could use a little bit of fluff in my head, so today's a good day to tackle at least one of them.

First off, I was tagged by Leeann for this fun one ages ago and she probably thinks I forgot, but I didn't - I was just being lazy!

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

***

What I was doing 10 years ago: Ten years ago I had a three year old and a 1 year old. I was overwhelmed with mommy-hood!! We were very involved in our church and I was leading a woman's Bible study and on the Women in the Chuch council. It was a precious time, allowing me to get to know beautiful women, making friends with women of all ages. I was also probably at the time planning my children's education through college. No lie - I was a bit obsessive. I ordered my first homeschooling catalog while I was pregnant with Emily!!

Five Snacks I Enjoy:

In a perfect, non weight-gaining world 1. Potato chips with bacon and horseradish dip 2. Tortilla chips with either black bean salsa or mango salsa 3. Nuts - cashews, pistachios, honey roasted peanuts 4. Carmel sundaes with pecans 5. Toffee candy bars

In the real world 1. popcorn with Parmesan cheese on it 2. cucumber with almonds 3. Avocado and tomato sandwiches

Things I would do if I were a billionaire: 1. Fund our retirement 2. Establish a fund for helping people to cover adoption expenses 3. Travel the world 4. Buy a house for my parents 5. Fund research for a cure for cancer

Five jobs that I have had: 1. Missionary (now don't you think I'm spiritual!!) 2. Montessori preschool teacher 3. Children's ministry preschool director 4. Babysitter 5. Administrative assistant to the meanest man in the world and his mean wife

Three of my habits: 1. When I get into bed, I lie on my back. Then I turn over with a pillow between my knees. Then I turn over onto my tummy (always facing to the left of the bed). I know I'm not going to go to sleep in the first two positions, but still I always go in that order. 2. List-making!! I'm obsessed with making lists! 3. Running my fingers through my hair - I do it all the time. I just love the feeling on my scalp. I'd be worried about going bald if I didn't have enough hair for myself and 1800 of my closest friends.

Five place I have lived: 1. Tucson, Arizona 2. The O.C. (trust me, my experience was nothing like the tv show!!) 3. Ternitz, Austria (a small little town an hour south of Vienna) 4. Miami, FL 5. Doha, Qatar (for the past two months and counting!!)

Five People I Want to Get to Know Better: (a nice way of saying TAG!) Ok, I know some of you hate doing stuff like this. Don't feel obligated!! Just play along if you want to and laugh at me if you don't!

1. Mylinda (a good IRL friend who blogs about her adventures as a homeschooling mom of 4)
2. Lynn (a new friend here in Doha who is in the process of trying to adopt a baby from Ethiopia - her heart on her blog is so amazing!)
3. Erica (another new Doha friend - so into the scrapbooking that I can't do!! This site is full of great ideas if you are a scrapbooker!)
4. Karen (one of my loyal bloggy friends - Karen is a godly woman who I have enjoyed getting to know)
5. Tracye - (a bloggy friend who is doing an amazing job of being a single mom while her hubby is away)

1 comments:

Misty said...

lori, i'd love to email you and ask a lot of questions. would you mind emailing me at mballew13 AT yahoo DOT com? i see you were a montessori preschool teacher, and i worked as an assistant. anyway i have too much to say in this one post! of course, do so only at your "leisure"!
also, i'm LOVING your respect series.. i've been offline for a while so i havn't caught up w/ you in a while, and well, this has been a very timely series!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail