Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday


One of the things I'm really trying to work on in my life is being healthier. I've been looking for recipes that will help me in that way, but I'm pretty picky about what I eat. It really has to taste good - and this sandwich does.

I know it sounds wierd, but if you try it, I bet you'll love it just like I do. It's my favorite sandwich ever and that's saying a lot for a girl who is not a nuts and sprouts kind of gal.

Tomato & Avocado Sandwich
2 slices of whole wheat bread, toasted
1 thick slice of ripe avocado
1 thick slice of tomato (the fresher, the better)
Handful (?) of alfalfa sprouts
Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
Put it all together and enjoy! It's totally healthy and totally delicious. I know, I know. It sounds like such a strange combination, but I love it. The whole wheat bread is great for you, tomatoes will give you anti-oxidants, the avocado provides you with healthy monounsaturated fat, and sprouts are packed with nutrients! And that works for me!

1 comments:

Leeann said...

Lori,
I think that sandwich sounds delish, although I would probably skip the sprouts. I have been way into a dip lately that someone brought to my house. It is (from what I can tell) as follows:

amounts to taste:

corn
diced tomato
lentils
a bit of feta cheese

This is good as a cold salad or a dip with wheat thins, baked tostitos or whatever.
Yummy!

Leeann

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail