Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thankful Thursday

Here we are again on Thursday, with our weekly reminder to take time out and thank the Lord for all He has given us and done for us. It's a shame, really, that we even need a reminder. Every day ought to be filled with thanks.

  • I'm thankful that God has been guiding and leading me in new directions lately. I've been finding myself willing to think new ideas, try new things, stretch myself. Things that might have been painful before are now manageable and sometimes even exciting.
  • I'm thankful for my mom's visit. We had a really nice time together, did lots of fun stuff and it was good to see her...
  • Not smoking! After smoking for almost 50 years, she is kicking the habit. She didn't smoke the whole week she was here, though a little bird told me she lit up as soon as she got home. She's on a brand-new medication that supposedly kills the nicotine addiction.
  • I'm thankful for Sonlight. It's wonderful to be just a few days away from the start of a new school year and not have any worries or stress over it. I love what we'll be studying and can't wait to start. And this is the dirty little secret of homeschooling: the moms enjoy the learning as much as, if not more than, the kids.
  • I'm thankful our hurricane season has been quiet thus far. And praying it stays that way!
  • I'm thankful for the upcoming long weekend and that Hubby has come up with some fun plans for us.
  • I'm thankful for the library, a homeschool mom's best friend!
  • And, finally this morning, I'm thankful for Benedryl, because I have mosquito bites all over me!!

If you could use a lift and hear more about what God is doing in the lives of others, be sure to stop over at Sting My Heart to read more testimonies of God's mercies in people's lives!

6 comments:

Denise said...

Praise God, glad your mom has quit smoking.

In Light of the Truth... said...

What a great list of thankfuls! Have a blessed week!

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for ibuprofen. It keeps me going at the end of the school day when my big headaches come.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful things to be thankful for. So you wanted to get out of Florida and now you might be headed to Dubai! L.O.L. That certainly is out of Florida! It sounds like an exciting adventure for the family if you choose to go...

Heart of the Holidays said...

I will be praying for your move from Florida. I moved from NW Florida in December to Georgia and I have been so thankful not to be stressing over hurricanes this year.
God bless you
http://www.ageorgiaangel.com/blog/?p=78

eph2810 said...

You are right -- we shouldn't need a weekly reminder to be thankful, but it is really nice to share it publicly on the internet :). I am thankful for so many things, especially in trying times.

How nice that you had a great visit with your mom :)

I can totally understand that you enjoy teaching your little ones.

Have a blessed Labor Day weekend and fun a lot of fun :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail