Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Oh, happy day!

This is one of my favorite days of the year. Now, I love Christmas - it's the birth of the Savior and a time of joy and peace. Easter is wonderful - time to reflect upon Christ's sacrifice for us and my "spiritual birthday." But next to these two days, there are two days that just make me all giggly and happy inside - the day I order new curriculum and the day it arrives! Today is order day! Don't you just feel all tingly?!? Um, ok, maybe that's just me. Moving on...

Here's what I've ordered for this year -

Sonlight's Core 6 (which is World History from Ancient Egypt and Sumer through the Reformation). It's chock-full of some of the best literature. I can't wait!
Language Arts 6 (which is heavy on creative writing - something my kids need work on)
Grammar - Grammar Ace (this too is new to us since Sonlight updated their Language Arts program to focus on writing)
Vocabulary - Classical Roots, Grades 5 & 7 (this is a switch from Wordly Wise, which we've used for the last 3 years - I think studying Latin and Greek roots is essential)
Science - Switched on Schoolhouse Grade 7 (I still have Grade 5 for Daniel from when Emily was a 5th grader)
Math - Teaching Textbooks Grade 6 (we've already gotten Emily's since she finished up her program earlier this year.

I'm so excited! Now comes the agony of waiting for arrival day! Excuse me while I go dance around my kitchen.

1 comments:

This Journey of Mine said...

That's great. I am just beginning this whole homeschooling thing (well officially that is). And I too am beginning to have a bit more fun with finding curriculms and making a decision on them!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail