Friday, August 24, 2007

My 100th Post!!

Well, I've reached a milestone in the bloggity world - my 100th post! I can't believe how much I have come to enjoy both writing and reading your comments. It's become a real highlight of my day. God has used this humble little blog to reveal new truths to me, to grow me. Thank you for joining me on the journey.

And now, in a blogosphere tradition, it seems I am to post a list of 100 things about myself, in honor of this 100 post achievement. I'll post the list below, but do have a small favor to ask of you. Even if you've never commented before, or if you've just found this site, or if you are a regular reader and commenter, I would really appreciate it if you could come out of the woodwork and comment at least this one time. Pretty please? It would really mean a lot to me.

Ok, on with the list!

  1. I love God
  2. He loves me
  3. I cry at everything – happy, sad, frustrated; I’m a regular waterworks
  4. I have enough hair on my head to safely cover the heads of 3 other people plus myself
  5. I love homeschooling my kids
  6. I love to curl up under a blanket when there’s a thunderstorm outside
  7. I have moved probably over 25 times in my life
  8. And lived in 4 different states and Europe in the process
  9. The foreign country I lived in was Austria
  10. I spent my 21st birthday in Salzburg trying to retrace the steps from “The Sound of Music” where the kids sang their way through the town– “Doe a deer, a female deer…”
  11. I was there doing mission work to refugees from behind the Iron Curtain & the Middle East
  12. Due to our experiences while there, my best friend & I swore we’d never have anything to do with Arabic men
  13. We both married Arabs
  14. I love to travel – seeing and experiencing new things is a rush for me
  15. I don’t like ice cream
  16. Or chocolate
  17. Or most sweets
  18. But I love salty stuff like nuts, chips, and popcorn
  19. I’m seriously addicted to Pepsi
  20. My mother and I don’t agree on whether or not I’ve had my tonsils out, but I’m right
  21. My sister and I don’t agree on who was babysitting Amanda Gates when she had a tick on her stomach and it needed to be removed, but it was me, and I’m right
  22. My husband and I don’t agree on how we spent our first New Year’s Eve together, but I’m right
  23. Some people claim that I have a bad memory, but I don’t believe them (and I’m right)
  24. I love to cook
  25. But I hate to do the dishes
  26. I actually like doing laundry
  27. But I hate putting clothes away
  28. I hate hurricanes
  29. I never wear a watch
  30. I love board games
  31. But I crave alone time at least once a week or so
  32. I have horrible handwriting
  33. And I’m not good at math
  34. But I am a grammar and spelling stickler
  35. My musical tastes are very eclectic – Christian contemporary, country, hymns, heavy metal, pop, southern rock, swing, classical – I love it all
  36. I hate to wear shoes
  37. I love to read
  38. I prefer non-fiction to fiction
  39. Unless it’s a Jodi Picoult novel
  40. I’m a huge Denver Broncos fan
  41. Me, my husband and my kids were all born in the month of April
  42. My middle name is Lee. I’ve always hated because I feel that’s the masculine way of spelling it. My parents should have spelled it Leigh – that’s prettier and more feminine, isn’t it?
  43. My favorite perfume is “Paris” by Yves St Laurent
  44. Jon Bon Jovi is my imaginary boyfriend
  45. I tend to fall off boats – even the bumper boats you find at amusement parks. It’s quite embarrassing
  46. My husband and I never dated before we got engaged
  47. And we were only engaged for 5 ½ months before we got married
  48. I love old movies, especially ones with Jimmy Stewart and Cary Grant
  49. My favorite tv show is “Lost”
  50. I like Sawyer more than Jack
  51. My favorite reality show is “The Amazing Race”
  52. I’m really good at Trivial Pursuit
  53. I started wearing glasses in 5th grade
  54. Started wearing contacts in 9th grade
  55. About 7 years ago I had Lasik and it’s one of the best things I’ve ever done
  56. I only paid $512 to get both eyes done
  57. I had a "friend in high places" at the eye hospital
  58. As a teenager the majority of my life was spent at the roller skating rink
  59. I still love to roller skate
  60. If I could get on a plane and go anywhere in the world, I’d go to Italy
  61. I once told a friend I would be miserable to be a housewife in the suburbs
  62. Now, there’s nothing else I’d rather do
  63. I wish I had a fireplace
  64. I’m on a first-name basis with the local librarians because I’m there all the time
  65. I’m definitely a night owl
  66. Who is striving to be a morning person
  67. But not really succeeding
  68. I believe the worst part of being a woman is having to shave your legs
  69. Well, that and having periods
  70. I currently run the church bookstore
  71. I’ve previously been on the children’s ministry staff and the Women in the Church council
  72. I love to float in the pool
  73. But I don’t like the beach
  74. I like to play The Sims
  75. I own way too many cookbooks
  76. I love to sing Schoolhouse Rock songs
  77. My head is too big to wear hats
  78. I’m very self-conscious about that
  79. I used to always peek at my Christmas presents
  80. When I was 15, I peeked at one and when I saw it was a gold bracelet, I took it out and carefully re-wrapped the present, planning to put it back before Christmas morning
  81. My mom found it in my purse first
  82. But I was in the ER when she found it, so I didn’t really get into trouble – too much
  83. When I was about 4, we lived in Pittsburgh in the same apartment complex as several Pittsburgh Steelers players
  84. While playing in the sandbox, Mean Joe Green came up and sat with me and I ran screaming home to my mom because I was scared. He followed me home and apologized to my mom for scaring me. Hey, did you ever see Mean Joe Green up close?
  85. At Halloween, I was too scared and/or embarrassed to trick-or-treat at his apartment so my sister asked for extra candy for me
  86. I have the most wonderful kids in the world. I know you probably think yours are, but I’m right
  87. I have issues with being right (see #’s 20, 21, 22, 23 and 85)
  88. My parents made me move in my senior year of high school
  89. I still haven’t forgiven them for it
  90. I’m a procrastinator
  91. I think Crockpots are one of the best inventions in history
  92. It seems that we always end up with weird neighbors – they are either extremely anti-social, totally dysfunctional, or (I swear I am not making this up!) bigamists with two separate families at the same time who vacation together! Ick!
  93. I am 39, but never remember how old I am. I seem to always tell people I’m one year younger Not intentionally, I just forget. But this has nothing to do with #23
  94. I’m a registered Republican, but wish there was a “Christian” party – where the poor and needy are cared for and Biblical values are respected. Why is that so hard?
  95. Jesus died for me
  96. I seek to serve Him and do His will
  97. I fail, but He forgives
  98. I like to talk, but doing this list has been really challenging
  99. I wouldn’t change anything in my past because it made me who I am today
  100. I’m finally done with this list!

Don't forget to leave a comment!!! Thanks for visiting!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats with your 100th post!

Great list.
Yea..never say never...

Leeann said...

fabulous. Love it! And congratulations on 100 posts. That is quite an accomplishment. I don't even know how many I've done. I should go look!
Love you, my friend.
Leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

you are on my favs' list so i thought a comment would be polite! congrats on 100! and more about not dating before getting engaged!! i am nosey like that!

Amy said...

Great list. It's great to know some new things about you.

Charity said...

I agree about the two worst things about being a woman. I *hate* shaving my legs, but I did it this morning anyway.

Hey and we are the "same" age too. I'm 38 and you think you are. And you are right of course. :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I learned some new things about you.
Laurie
P.S. Did you get me email?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the big 1-0-0!! I love reading your blog - your insights always inspire me. I also love that you are so regular and faithful in your posting; I stop by every day to see what's new. {{{LORI}}}}

Mylinda said...

Hey, Cool list! Does this mean I have to do that when I hit 100?? Yikes! I never noticed you never wear a watch. HOW do you survive?? lol You'll never catch me without mine, even when the battery is dead!! lol Congrats on 100 and on all your readers! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Your list was lots of fun to read, Lori, and I think I learned a few new things about you, too! I love reading your blog and look forward to it every day. I hope we can have a "loop" get-together soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow ... we have alot in common! #1,2,3,4,5(most of the time!), 6,19 (my very favorite is a frozen coke or pepsi -- like a slushie), 23,24,25,26,27,31,33,34,36 (even in winter - I will run out to get the mail barefoot!), 37,42 (mine is Kay and I always spell it Kaye LOL!!), 65,66,67,68,72,75,86,87, 90,91,94,95,96,97 and 99! (and yes, I know I should have put spaces after every comma ... hehe!)

Anonymous said...

wonderful list! i love your blog--your honesty, your humor, how you are trying to live your life before the Lord. you are someone that i wished lived in my town because i have the feeling we would totally be getting together for coffee...or at least to play trivial pursuit!
love jess

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Theresa, that's too funny because that's how I spell my daughter's middle name "Kaye." I thought the "e" at the end feminized it more, I guess. I never realized I'm probably doing it out of the horribly traumatic scars left by my parents' thoughtlessness. Snort!!

Misha said...

Just wanted to say HI and Congratulations! I'm a little late but thanks to Organizing Junkie I've found my way here.

Anonymous said...

I just was browsing around and found your blog. I found your 100 things about me and 101 things in 1001 days to be very motivational. Being the new year and all I have decided that I will go home tonight and make a list of 100 things about me as well as a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days. Thank you for popping up at the right time!

Erin

Josie Kuntz said...

Hi Laurie,
It's amazing--I've learned a lot about you by reading your 100 list. I think I should try to write one, too. By the way, you have BEAUTIFUL hair and it grows at a truly amazing rate. How long is it now? I just finished and turned in my research paper on ADHD in adolescents--learned a lot and enjoyed the process. Now, if this stickler of a professor finds fault with this, you'll probably have to peel me off the ceiling!! Love you,Josie

Anonymous said...

Happy 100th! I wonder why you moved so much?

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori! Just found this site a few days ago. Your posts are so honest and inspiring. We have so much in common (age, occupation, kids'ages, doha resident, Christian) except that I'm a Filipino. I would be visiting your site to learn more about your success as a Christian wife & stay home mom. I'm flunking in those areas but God loves me enough to lead me to your site to find encouragement. Thanks for being a blessing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail