Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thankful Thursday



There is so much to be thankful for. No matter what is going on in your life, the very fact that we live and breathe, that we are saved by grace, that alone is is reason to praise Him. But here are a few things this week that I am especially thankful for:
  • I'm thankful that my mom is here visiting
  • I'm thankful that my children are happy, healthy and whole
  • I'm thankful that I got our new curriculum
  • I'm thankful that my brother-in-law, a confirmed bachelor at 49, finally found someone to share his life with and is now engaged
  • I'm thankful for our beautiful home
  • I'm thankful that Hurricane Dean did not come here and for the fact that as a Category 5 storm, it didn't do more damage and that no life was lost in Mexico. Having survived Andrew, I know what a Cat 5 storm can do and this is a miracle
  • I'm thankful I discovered blogging - it's become a type of therapy/journal/sort through my thoughts on life place, and
  • I'm thankful for you, for the very kind words and comments you all offer and for the support you've shown as I learn the fine art of blogging

May God bless you and keep you this week! For more Thankful Thursday participants, visit Iris at Sting My Heart

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

come to think of it ... I am thankful that I found blogging, too! :)

Blessings ...

Unknown said...

I'm finding a lot of home schooling moms in blogging! We must all be blogging while our kids are doing their school work!!!
It was nice reading your "thankful" list!
God bless!

Amy said...

amen on every point on your list especially the healthy children and beautiful home part...

Denise said...

Such a wonderful list, bless you.

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

That's great news about your BIL!

Thankful for happy & healthy children!

Blogging is a fine art, isn't it? :) Still learning myself!

Blessings~

Anonymous said...

Amen to the first paragraph. We have a bachelor brother that got married last year at 43 and he and his 42 year old wife are expecting a baby in January! Continued blessings on you and yours!

Anonymous said...

Your cooment about breath caught me. Neat.

Wonderful List

Thank you.

Ms. Kathleen said...

I had a brother who married in his 40's as well and I think we all let out a huge sigh of relief and we are so blessed now with a little nephew!

God is good!

Mary said...

Have a great time with your mom. I'm thankful for blogging too. I never would have dreamed I'd be doing this! HA! Blessings!

Hopeful Spirit said...

Enjoy your visit with your mom. Glad you are getting the hang of blogging . .. it really can be a lot of fun.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail