Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday - Tweak Your Chili Recipe






Now, I love me some good ol' chili. With a big batch of cornbread. Yummy! But recently I was given the tip to add to my chili recipe a can of refried beans. Refried beans?!?! I know, that was my reaction too. But, being the adventurous woman that I am, I decided to give it a shot. And you know what? It was delicious. It added a creaminess and an extra layer of flavor (doesn't that sound so "Top Chef?"). It's something I'll do every time from now on. And that works for me!

For more awesome tips to make your life easier, visit Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer to read up on all the WFMW posts.




3 comments:

Kelley said...

Great idea - I would definitely try that. Did you know that Chili's restaurant adds peanut butter to their chili, for much the same reason - texture and the "hmmm..." factor.

Mom2fur said...

Oh, wow, I bet that is yummy! I can't eat beans, unfortunately, because of stomach troubles. (Well, I can eat a few, but not too many.) But I used to love refried beans. I bet they make your sauce great!

Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

What an interesting idea! I've got to remember this one; we're supposed to be having a chili cook-off at church in a few months.

Thanks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail