Thursday, May 22, 2008

Prayers for the Chapman Family

Please join me in praying for the family of Christian recording artist Steven Curtis Chapman. This family suffered a horrible tragedy yesterday when their 5 year old daughter, Maria, was accidentally struck and killed in the driveway of their Nashville home. To compound the tragedy, the driver of the car was Maria's own teenaged brother.

Steven and his wife, Mary Beth, have a beautiful story of love. They have three biological children and three adopted girls from China. Their journey of love and hope have translated into worldwide attention into adoption. Maria was one of the girls who was adopted in love from China.

Please pray for the family to be comforted in this time of enormous loss and grief. Pray especially for the son who was driving the car. This must be a horrible thing for all of them, but particularly him.

Pray that God will hold the Chapman's up in the palm of His hand. We know that our God gives and He takes away. We don't often understand His plan, but trust that He does have one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for passing this on. I did not hear about it till I read your blog. I just can't imagine what they must be feeling, especially the son.

Leeann said...

Oh my gosh, Lori, I hadn't read about that yet. How horrible. My heart goes out to all of them but it just breaks to bits for that poor boy.

Leeann

Anonymous said...

I didn't know this until just now. How horrible. My prayers are with them.

tammi said...

I heard about this last night. I just keep thinking what a horrible thing for that poor boy to carry for the rest of his life.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail